Benefits of Vinyl Fencing

Vinyl Fencing: Low-Maintenance. Strong. Recycled.

There are a number of different fencing options available to homeowners such as, wood, chain link, iron, aluminum, and vinyl.  Each of these materials are suitable for certain homes, environments, and demands.


Vinyl fencing is a very popular fencing option for homeowners who do not seek something very time consuming and who don’t want to put a great deal of effort into their fence.  Manufacturers are so confident in the durability of the fence that they almost always come with a warranty.


Wood fences are sometime easy to knock down and destroy.  Vinyl fences are five times stronger and more difficult to bring down that the traditional wooden fence.  Vinyl is also very flexible.  So when there are high, damaging winds the fence can bend and sway without breaking. Seaside properties and very wet landscapes are great places for this type of fence as well.  Vinyl also serves very well for fencing in animals like horses, who tend to chew into the fences surrounding them.


As a result, vinyl fences are much more economical.  Owners never have to pay for repairs and maintenance products, like primer or paint.  It is even possible that you won’t have to pay for installation as you can install the fence on your own.  All you have to do is slide the rails into the posts and secure the posts into the ground.  In the case that you want to replace you old fence, it is easy to change the old fence out with the new one.


The maintenance for vinyl fencing is next to nothing.  By simply using soap and water the fence will look fresh and clean.  There is never a need to repaint the fence as the color never fades.  It’s as easy as it gets when it comes to maintaining a brand new look around your home.


There is no reason to worry about any toxic chemicals associated with the installation and appearance of the fence.  The fence is recycled with 51% of the fence being chlorine, which is derived from salt and the other 49% from hydrocarbons, derived from natural gas.

Courtesy of Red Beacon: